Miami Waterkeeper (MWK) is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Biscayne Bay and the surrounding watershed. Launched in 2010, MWK has become a leading advocate for clean water, inspiring a movement of empowered citizens dedicated to achieving swimmable, drinkable, fishable water. Addressing issues on multiple fronts, we use community outreach, scientific research, and civic and legal action to advance our mission. Miami Waterkeeper is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are a small and hard-working team that is mission-driven and passionate about our clean water future.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking an individual with extensive research experience and robust data analytical skills. An ideal candidate for this role will have a deep passion for our mission and will be detail-oriented, independent, exceptionally organized, and self-motivated. This person will be able to lead a team and project manage multiple, complex, multi-year scientific projects from design to publication. This candidate should have an advanced background in statistical analyses and publications, and should be able to translate scientific data for a general audience.
- Lead the science and research team and provide mentorship, training, and support to the team
- Lead advanced statistical analyses of large water quality and environmental datasets
- Design and lead complex scientific research projects from proposal to publication
- Assist in the interpretation of science into policy goals
- Ensure that grant and contract deliverables are met and reported
- Leads statistical analyses and ensure quality control of scientific reports
- Prepares scientific grant and funding proposals
- Tracks budgets, databases, and project expenditures
- Oversees water quality crisis and pollution response protocols
- Participates in multi-stakeholder groups on behalf of Miami Waterkeeper
- Public speaking as needed
- Written communications and community engagement as needed
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in water quality, marine biology, or environmental science
- Advanced statistical capabilities, including database management, ArcGIS, R and more
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading teams
- Experience managing labs and protocols
- Experience managing complex grants and grant budgets
- Medical, dental, paid family leave, and vision plan
- Retirement Account
- Generous time off policies
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Miami, FL
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Contact: Please fill out the form at this link to apply. Note: You will be asked to share your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like to work for Miami Waterkeeper.
Miami Waterkeeper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly value diversity, equity, and inclusion both in our organization and in our community.