Help us reach 1,000 Eyes on the Water!
Do you ever see something on the water that doesn't look quite right? A manatee in distress? Dirty water flowing out of an outfall? Dumping? Debris? Fish Kills? It can be hard to know what's safe and what's a problem for our waterways, and it can be hard to know who to call to report an issue. Our goal is to make this easy for you. Our 1000 Eyes on the Water program is a volunteer-based, citizen-led, water patrol program designed to increase Miami Waterkeeper's ability to monitor the Bay and waterways of South Florida.
We will train you to identify, document, and report issues so you can help us watch out for our waterways. Our goal is to have 500 community members join our team, and to have 1000 eyes watching out for our water.
All 1,000 Eyes on the Water Trainings have been postponed due to COVID-19 precautionary measures. Please stay tuned for new digital formats and future trainings!
- February 7, 2019: 6PM - 7:30PM, Waterkeeper Office, Miami
- March 21, 2019: 6PM - 7:30PM, Waterkeeper Office, Miami
- April 23, 2019: 6:30PM-7:30PM, Aquatic Center, Miami Springs
- May 2, 2019: 7:30PM-9PM, Fern Forest, Coconut Creek
- May 23, 2019: 12PM-1PM, MOCA, North Miami
- June 13, 2019: 7PM-9PM, LauderAle Brewery, Ft.Lauderdale
- June 23, 2019: 4PM-6PM, Invasive Species Brewing, Ft.Lauderdale
- June 29, 2019: 1PM-3PM, Broski Ciderworks, Pompano Beach
- July 10, 2019: 7PM - 8PM, History Fort Lauderdale
- July 31, 2019: 7PM - 8PM, Coconut Grove Sailing Club, Miami
- September 13, 2019: 5PM-6PM, Allapattah Library (español)
- September 25, 2019: 6PM - 7:30PM, Vizcaya, Miami
- October 17, 2019: 7PM - 8PM, Key Biscayne Community Center
- November 18, 2019: 6PM - 7PM, Doral Glades Park (english)
- November 18, 2019: 7PM - 8PM, Doral Glades Park (español)
- December 10, 2019: 7:30PM - 8:30PM, South Dade Anglers, Kendall
- December 18, 2019: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (español)
- January 15, 2020: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (english)
- January 27, 2020: 7PM - 8PM, Miami Lakes Garden Club (english)
- February 9, 2020: 4:30PM - 5:30PM, Motivational Edge, Allapattah (english)
- February 12, 2020: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (español)
- February 13, 2020: 8PM - 9PM, Sunset Tavern, South Miami (english)
- March 7, 2020: 2PM - 3PM, Arch Creek Park (english)
Officially join the Water Patrol team:
Additional Information (Instructions, FAQs, Patrol Log Forms, Contact information, etc)
This program is made possible by the generous support of: