To apply for this role you must submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
Miami Waterkeeper, a champion for clean water solutions in South Florida, is seeking a talented UX/UI Manager to join our dynamic team. As a crucial member reporting to the Chief Technology and Marketing Officer, and with one direct report (Marketing Coordinator), you will play a pivotal role in creating seamless digital experiences that are aligned with our mission of protecting South Florida's waters. If you are passionate about technology, innovation, and environmental advocacy, we invite you to contribute to our vision of a resilient South Florida where thriving communities and nature coexist.
Taking a unified approach to data and creativity, and embracing design-thinking and advances in AI, you will play a central role in shaping and enhancing Miami Waterkeeper’s visual identity and brand experiences.
Branding and Visual Identity
- Update and maintain Miami Waterkeeper’s visual brand identity, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints: reinforce Miami Waterkeeper’s style and tone through visual and audible touchpoints
- Work closely with the marketing and technology team members to ensure content and designs meet brand guidelines at all times (including social media posts)
- Lead the development of the brand guide, omni-channel style guides, message guides and lexions (champion brand standards and ensure legal and compliance)
- Create “brand products” that meet the diverse needs of the community from a segment and usability perspective
- Work closely with marketing and development teams to translate user needs into intuitive and visually appealing product interfaces
- Leverage traditional approaches as well as modern [AI] approaches
- Develop and implement user-centric design processes - enhance online and offline
- Create user personas, user journey maps, user stories, and storyboards
Infographics and Visual Communication
- Conceptualize and create visually compelling infographics (print and digital) and animations that effectively communicate complex information
- Transform data and 1st-party narratives into engaging visual stories
- Resize assets for different devices and channels — tablet, mobile, and web
- Convert design files (.psd, .fw, .ai or .sketch) into code using HTML, CSS, JS languages etcetera
- Deliver work that meets the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508
- Work closely across all Miami Waterkeeper teams to align UX/UI strategies with broader organizational objectives
- Provide guidance and support: educate to ensure impactful outcomes
- Develop and maintain clear and consistent nomenclature for tools and applications; determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Assist the team with email marketing items, presentation materials, annual report and event materials as needed
Research and Concept Testing
- Conduct user research to understand needs, preferences, awareness, attitudes
- Oversee prototyping and usability testing
- Undertake surveys / questionnaires (qualitative and quantitative)
- Run A/B and multivariate testing
- Ownership of brief writing/in-take (e.g. campaign briefs and user interface briefs)
- Create and organize production assets
- Ability to cross-functionally project manage (Agile, Sprint or Kanban)
- Meeting of deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design and 5+ years experience, or 6+ years in a related field without a formal degree but with certifications (demonstrated self-education)
- Proven experience in UI/UX design, with a focus on branding, product design, and infographic and animation creation
- Experience with responsive and parallax web design are essential
- Experience with CSS and HTML5 are critical. React is a advantageous
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Zeplin or Sketch
- Proven business acumen: an understanding of business/organizational goals, and metrics, and the ability to translate these into measurable experiences
- Ability to speak English and Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Past exposure to / experience with rebranding efforts, not limited to pantone updates, brand element updates, iconography, and omni-channel templates (paid, owned and earned marketing channels)
- Exposure to VR and experiential strategies and delivery
- Experience with, or exposure to, brand health research and perception studies
- Ability to code is advantageous, as is experience collaborating with development and analytics team members
- Videography and video editing experience (Adobe Premier Pro, CapCut, Final Cut Pro etcetera)
- Exposure to podcast creation (content, directory listing, app store registration and ADA compliance)
Remote considered (reporting to Miami, Florida).
$65,000 - $80,000 (full-time)
- Medical, dental, paid family leave, and vision plan
- Retirement Account
- Generous time off policies
ABOUT MIAMI WATERKEEPER
We are an equal-opportunity employer: diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are integral to Miami Waterkeeper’s culture and values. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences and celebrate the uniqueness that each individual brings.
We protect South Florida’s waters by advocating for resilient solutions grounded in science, rooted in nature, and driven by community.
We envision a resilient South Florida that is a global leader in clean water solutions, where thriving communities and nature coexist.
Miami Waterkeeper’s Executive Director, Rachel Silverstein, was the 2023 winner of the Elevate Prize, which recognizes leaders from around the globe for their impact, providing funding, visibility, and tailored resources to help expand and amplify their [Miami Waterkeeper’s] work.
Posted 2 February 2024.