Miami Waterkeeper (MWK) is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Biscayne Bay and the surrounding watershed. Launched in 2010, MWK has become a leading advocate for clean water, inspiring a movement of empowered citizens dedicated to achieving swimmable, drinkable, fishable water. Addressing issues on multiple fronts, we use community outreach, scientific research, and civic and legal action to advance our mission. Miami Waterkeeper is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are a small and hard-working team that is mission-driven and passionate about our environment and our community.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Development Coordinator who is passionate about our mission and desires to support our clean water goals. The Development Coordinator will support the operations of the Fund Development team with administrative coordination. This position will be responsible for keeping the database and prospect management software up-to-date, creating and sending thank you notes and receipts, event preparation and logistics, and preparing reports. This individual should be highly organized with a high attention to detail.
- Organize and manage customer relations management (CRM) database and tracking systems, including updating constituent profiles, proposal info, gift info, actions, etc.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of CRM database by ensuring that all information is kept current and up-to-date
- Create and generate standard and custom reports
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Prepare and send out gift receipts and thank you notes to donors and other stakeholders
- Research donors, prospects, and other event attendees
- Create, send, and track invoices and invoice payments
- Assist with setting up meetings for development team
- Assist with implementation of monthly giving program
- Support teams in executing events, including preparing materials as needed
- Assist with newsletter creation and website updates
- Help manage deadlines for development-related projects
- Passion for Miami Waterkeeper’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) + 1 year of related work experience
- Database management experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish/Creole)
Communication and Organization
- High attention to detail
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Exceptional time-management with ability to plan for and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes shifting, priorities simultaneously
- Proficient with general office software (Microsoft Office, Google Suite)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tech systems
- Professional experience working with databases (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and across teams in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to pivot with changing priorities
- High sense of urgency
- Available to work flexible hours, including occasional late nights, holidays, and weekends
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Medical, dental, paid family leave, and vision plan
- Retirement Account
- Generous time off policies
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Miami, FL
Reports to: Development and Marketing Manager
Contact: Please fill out the form at this link to apply. Note: You will be asked to share your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like to work for Miami Waterkeeper.
Miami Waterkeeper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly value diversity, equity, and inclusion both in our organization and in our community.