Miami Waterkeeper (MWK) is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Biscayne Bay and the surrounding watershed. Launched in 2010, MWK has become a leading advocate for clean water, inspiring a movement of empowered citizens dedicated to achieving swimmable, drinkable, fishable water. Addressing issues on multiple fronts, we use community outreach, scientific research, and civic and legal action to advance our mission. Miami Waterkeeper is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are a small and hard-working team that is mission-driven and passionate about our environment and our community.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking an individual with outstanding written communication skills and proficient knowledge of the grant research and application process. An ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for our mission and will be highly-skilled, detail-oriented, independent, exceptionally organized, and self-motivated. This candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively to different audiences. Preferred applicants understand the importance of developing a timeline with deliverables leading up to a deadline. This role will also support written marketing deliverables for the broader mission. It is imperative for this member of the team to have pride in delivering a high level final product that represents the important work of Miami Waterkeeper.
- Lead execution of grant applications by identifying new grant opportunities and writing, submitting, and managing grant LOIs and proposals
- Lead on existing grant management, including coordinating timelines, work plans, budgets, and other grant deliverables
- Maintain records of all submitted and draft documents in computer databases
- Assist in developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders and funders
- Develop a deep familiarity with our mission-focused programs and campaigns
In conjunction with Miami Waterkeeper teams, develop written communications for Miami Waterkeeper, including:
- Partnership proposals
- Annual reports
- Campaigns to support the work of the Waterkeeper teams
- Blog posts and website content
- Work with the program and marketing team to support development of educational and/or marketing communications
- Ensure all language is in line with mission
- Collaborate on marketing materials for campaigns
- Have the ability to translate complex policy and science issues for a general audience
- Up to 5 years of experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and across organizational units
- Exceptional writing, speaking, listening, and research skills
- Proficiency with donor databases and grant management
- Proven success grant writing and grant reporting for non-profit organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Ability to generate language for marketing materials
- Exemplary attention to deadlines, detail, and copy editing skills
- Medical, dental, and vision plan
- Retirement Account
- Generous time off policies
- Remote work flexibility
- Relaxed work atmosphere and dress code
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Miami, FL
Contact: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Staff Writer & Grant Coordinator” written in the subject line.
Miami Waterkeeper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly value diversity, equity, and inclusion both in our organization and in our community.