Join Miami City Commission Chairman Ken Russell, the Coconut Grove Business Improvement District, and the City of Miami Parks and Recreation Department for the Kennedy Park Walkway Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Park Clean Up! You will have the opportunity to become engaged and help us keep our mangrove shoreline clean.
Mangrove Forest ecosystems serve a special function as essential shoreline stabilization features as well as providing habitat for many forms of life. Let’s make a difference by preserving and protecting our parks and important coastlines!
Volunteer Day Main Tasks:
- Marine Debris Removal and Park Clean up
Important Volunteer Information:
Please be on time, registration begins at 8:30AM, Project will begin at 9:30AM
- Please Bring:
- Refillable water bottle. Stay hydrated and be prepared to work outside!
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Dress comfortable and wear clothing you don’t mind getting dirty or wet.
- A hat, sun block, and insect repellent (recommended)
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
All clean up supplies (garbage bags, protective gloves, buckets) will be provided.
Save your spot HERE!
Thank you for the support from Hydro Flask Parks for All!