We need your help to get 1000 Eyes on the Water!
Will you join our team?
1,000 Eyes on the Water is a volunteer-based, water patrol program designed to train you to observe, document, or report problems on our waterways so that we can ensure they are resolved. Whether you are walking, biking, kayaking, or boating, you can stop pollution as you go about your daily life.
With hundreds of miles of waterways, we need you to help us protect them all. We want to train 500 community members to be water watchdogs!
Learn more about the water patrol program here or support this program with a donation below.
If you would like to be member of the Water Patrol, there are just three simple steps!
- Fill out the Water Patrol Application
- Fill out the Volunteer Liability Agreement
- Attend the Water Patrol required annual meeting and one training seminar
See the below schedule for training seminars:
- December 18, 2018: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (español)
- January 15, 2020: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (english)
- January 27, 2020: 7PM - 8PM, Miami Lakes Garden Club
- February 12, 2020: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (español)
- March 18, 2020: 6PM - 7PM, West Kendall Library (english)
You only have to attend one training seminar. To RSVP click on your preferred date to be taken to an RSVP page. Training seminars will be offered on a quarterly basis, with more dates to follow.
Annual Water Patrol meeting will be held in 2020, date to be decided.
You can also donate to Miami Waterkeeper here.